Jan 4, 2010

...To a Prosperous 2010!











Merry Christmas from the Sahara!


So you may have noticed that I have been missing from my blog over the holidays. I fully intended to write some Merry Christmas posts and give some info about my holiday plans, but December is just too hectic, isn't it? Life was a little crazy here in Prague before the holidays and I just didn't find the time. So, sorry.

This year I spent Christmas in Morocco (on Christmas I was high in the Atlas mountains, staying at a little hotel in a mighty gorge meeting new friends and learning about the Berber culture) and New Years in Spain. But more on that later. I'll write about my adventures soon enough.

But now, a recap of my 2009:
Started 2009 in China, ended in Morocco/Spain.
Lived in 3 countries.
Traveled to 17 countries (I can't believe it myself!), and 5 states in the US.
Worked for 6 months, vacationed for 6 months (I strongly believe this is how life should always be!)
Made countless new friends, some of which I know will last a lifetime.
Did all of it with my wonderful boyfriend at my side.

So all in all, was 2009 a good year? Couldn't have been better!

What will 2010 bring? At this point, I'm really not sure. Continuing life in Prague (till sometime in July..?), more traveling (hopefully a few months in the summer/fall around Europe), and then, onto the next adventure!

And this next one could be the biggest of all: settling in back home in America.

Of course that is not the definite plan at this point, but it is the idea. Jason and I both feel ready to be back home, closer to our families and friends, enjoying the comforts of life in the USA. We're ready to start our careers and find what it is that we really love doing. Where will we live and what will we be doing? You're guess is as good as mine. And who knows, this could all change. Maybe we won't be able to find jobs back home and another year in Asia will seem like the best solution.

Just as 2009 held many unanswered questions, surprises and last minute decisions, I'm sure 2010 will be just the same. Hopefully this time next year I will be writing this same post from the comfort of a real home in America.

Happy new year! Love and miss you all!

No comments: