Jan 4, 2010

The Life of a Wanderlust

I stole this story from my wonderful friend Megan's blog, who is currently practicing the art of being a wanderlust on her trek around SE Asia.

Maybe some of you think I'm crazy moving around and traveling as much as I have been... I've lived in 5 different countries in the last 4 years! I like to think that my desire to travel didn't begin with me, but was rather instilled by my parents. Growing up, we would regularly take trips around the US and to Mexico. I made my first trip across the pond when I was 12 years old (I was actually sad at first when my parents wanted to go to Europe instead of Mexico for spring break that year). I remember my dad waking me up on Saturday mornings when I was young saying, "Hey, want to go to Catalina today?" And so we would. Hop in his plane for a few hours and spend the weekend on the beach before heading back to school on Monday.
So clearly, this travel addiction is not my fault.

But anyway, read this great story by someone who has the same wandering travel spirit as I do (although I think he's got the bug much worse than myself!). Click here to read the story.

No comments: