Mar 27, 2012

Springtime in Texas

I had thought fall was my favorite season in Texas, but I was wrong.  Spring in Texas is hands down, without a doubt, my new most favorite season in Texas.  Why?  Well not only is the weather perfect and quite enjoyable before the heat of the summer is sure to arrive, but the WILDFLOWERS are unbelievable.  Last spring, we were in a serious drought.  There were no wildflowers.  I heard takes of the elusive bluebonnets covering the land, but I didn't see any and couldn't imagine the beauty.  This year, they are everywhere.  Wherever there is greenspace, there are Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrushes, Black Eyed Susans, and so more that I don't even know the names of.  Driving along the highway is currently one of my favorite activities as the side of the road has become a rainbow of flowers.  I really can't get enough of it and if these flowers were always in bloom, I may never leave Texas again.  

Well anyway, here are just a couple of flower photos from my wonderful iphoneogrophy.  

Bluebonnets
The side of the highway

No comments: