Jun 27, 2010

The Final Countdown


6 Days.

6 Days until I leave this beautiful city that I have been calling home for the last 10 months. And I'm not ready!! It's going to be hard to leave. But moving on is just a part of life, isn't it? There's not much room for me to progress and do what I want career wise in Prague, so there's just not too much to keep me here for too much longer.

All the friends we have made here this year have been amazing and unforgettable. We have formed the coolest international expat group of weekend trip taking, frisbee playing, wine drinking, BBQ eating, football watching, marshmellow roasting, camp fire story telling group of friends that I will never forget. How I wish that we could all stay here together and continue our lives in this way. But alas, almost everyone is moving on now, too. I know I will see you all again whether it be at a reunion in Colorado, a hiking trip in Nepal or a beach vacation in Thailand.

This is not the end.

It took me a while to get used to life in Prague, as I suppose it does anywhere. But now I truly love this city and the beauty that I see walking around every day. Views of the Vltava and the castle will never, ever get old. Hanging out at one of the many beautiful parks has become a favorite past time here. And how could I possibly forget to mention the cheap, delicious Czech beer? Wonderful.

It's been an amazing year that I will never forget. It's hard to compare life in all of the countries that I have lived in throughout the past 4 years, but Prague may just take the number 1 spot, thanks to the beautiful city and amazing friends. But each one of my homes will always hold a special place in my heart.

Now on to the next one....

Jason and I are leaving Prague on Friday to spend a long weekend in Budapest. Beyond that, our plans for the next couple of months have changed a lot from our initial ideas. Jason has decided to stay in Prague and work for one more month. So after Budapest, he will return to Prague and work for July. I will continue on from Budapest (exact location still TBD...) and have my own little adventure for the month. I am going to participate in WWOOF, a program that places volunteers with organic farms for an exchange of work/information. I think it's a really interesting program and I am excited to get my hands a little dirty and learn more about organic food and sustainable living at the same time. I am looking into Greece, Croatia and Slovenia for farms and hope to spend about 2 weeks working. Then I will travel around a little bit and hang out at the beach for a few days wherever I am, before coming back to Prague to meet up with Jason again. From here, we'll probably go to Switzerland for a few days before heading back to the States at the beginning of August.

That's the plan, I'll let you know what really happens after the fact.

Cheers to a wonderful summer and a beautiful city!

No comments: