Feb 19, 2009

2 WEEKS!

Well, we're down to the very end.  Only 2 weeks left before our big vacation!  I'm so excited, it is going to be an amazing trip.

We're not planning out everything we're going to do, but here's the general idea.
  • March 5 - Fly into Hanoi, Vietnam.  Spend around 12 days in Northern Vietnam: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa
  • From there, either on to Cambodia or Laos
  • In Cambodia, a few good days in Siem Reap exploring Angkor Wat, and maybe a couple days in Phonm Pehn if we can fit it in
  • Laos is a little undecided.  We've heard great things about it, so I have a feeling we're going to want to spend a good amount of time there.  Definitely want to go to Luang Prabang (with a jungle trek from there), Vang Vieng, and possibly Viantianne and the 4000 Islands in the South.  And there's probably a lot of other great things we don't even know of.
  • Then to Thailand!!  What I'm most looking forward to.  A day or two in Bangkok, some time up north in Chaing Mai, and then island hopping! 
  • From Thailand, down across the border into Malaysia.  Check out some more beautiful islands and the Cameron Highlands: tea plantations on the rolling hills, looks beautiful!  
  • Down to Kuala Lampur for a bit, and then a flight to Bali, where we will relax and enjoy the end of our wonderful vacation.
All of that in two and 1/2 months!  Getting excited!  We've been reading a lot and asking friends a lot of questions to try to figure out the best things to do.  I think we've gotten a pretty good idea by now, but I know there is still so much to learn.  I know we will do a lot of our learning as we go along.

After all is said and done, I will fly back from Bali to Seoul and spend a day here, collecting my belongs and seeing some friends.  After that, USA!!  I fly into LA on May 21st and will stay there for a couple of days with my cousins.  Then finally, after a long 15 months, I will return home to my amazing family and friends in Colorado.  I'm so excited for my trip, but I'm also thrilled to be back home, at least for a little while.  

PS: Check out my new header!  I'm so proud, I made it all by myself! :)

No comments: