Sep 3, 2008

English for Partygoers

Often times on the subway ride home, I will see people studying English.  Usually, it's just strait forward English lessons, or sometimes on specific subjects such as economics or biology.  However, today I saw something completely different.  There was an older business man in a nice suit sitting next to me, studying a small English book.  It had conversations in English and then translated to Korean as well.  Let me give you some examples of the things this businessman was learning:

A: Hey man, let's do a lap around the bar before we get some drinks.  We need to mack us some shorties.
B: No, I already met this beautiful young lady.  She's gonna be my boo!
A: Dude, she doesn't even like you.

A: Yo, girl.  This party is jammin'.   How bout you give me your digits?
B: No, I don't give me number to strangers.

A: Dude, Tom is totally trippin'.  
B. Yeah, he took way too much acid.  He has to be forced to go to a doctor.

A: Yo man, you got any weed?
B: Yeah you got the cash?
A: Of course. I'm gonna be rollin' in this club all night!

A: I saw you flip me the bird from across the room.  Why you got beef with me?
B: Chill out man, it was a mistake.  I don't got beef with you.



I wish I could make stuff up that was this good.  But unfortunately, these are real examples from the businessman's book.  I'd like to see him try to use some of those.

No comments: